|Really Beating Back Cancer|
|North FL Cancer Survivors|
Image via WikipediaMy newest PET Scan brought interesting news. Unless it was read incorrectly, some of my cancer "burned itself out." I had not known that was possible without treatment of any kind, but there you have it. Since my cancer is a blood cancer, it can travel, but it did not. At least not yet. So I find myself pondering the why word again. Or perhaps how. It's the how I want to explore. What have I done that may/might contribute to this phenomenon.
Other than fate, luck, God, karma, or just meant to be, I took a good look at how I live. Here's what I found, and I'm not promoting it, just trying to identify what might have made a difference.
- I eat almost no red meat. Instead, I consume fish, some chicken.
- Love vegetables, especially the calciferous ones, and fresh fruit.
- Drink 1 cup of coffee in AM, then switch to tea w/lemon. A regimen of years. Drink lots of water.
- Work hard and am very busy. I live on a farm, raise llamas, and learn and teach with high school students.
- Take long walks with llamas and our puppy.
- Find peace, contentment, balance, and grounding with farmlife.
- Live organically, both with products and perspective.
- I don't think of myself as someone who has cancer. I'm too busy to have cancer.
- Pray. Never underestimate the power of prayer.
- Research, read, take control of your cancer, treatment, options. Explore possibilities.