Wednesday, November 18, 2015

LIFESAVING STRATEGY: Reason to Get Up

EXCEPTIONAL: And she is! Home in 2 weeks!
My husband is almost 89. He still runs his business. An hour drive each way. And he's in good shape. His mantra: you need a reason to get up in the morning.

So true of people during a cancer or illness journey. Even more true in recovery. That's why I have llamas. They are my reason to get up and moving in the morning. After that impetus, despite whatever the weather, I'm up and about. Then I can think about coffee, running, playing with my house pets. Doing farm chores. Going for a drive with my dog to nowhere in particular.

Running social media sites, a website, and 3 blogs do keep me busy, but are not reasons to get moving in the morning. They WERE my salvation during quarantine in the year of recovery. But the impetus to get up and live my life: definitely my llamas. We all need a reason to live our lives inside the moments and not just exist. Do you have yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment