Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Looking Good, Feeling Fine: Girl Talk

QVCImage via Wikipedia

"It's not how you play the game; it's how you look when you play the game."

Wish I could remember who told me this, but I remember the context. I was showing my hunter over fences in the 3'6" - 4' Owner-Amateur Division. I had a great horse, but I was a poor rider. Someone on the circuit told me I knew how to look to play the game, and that was everything. Must have been right, because I did a lot of winning (not the horse in this photo) that should not have come my way. Back then I rode on sheer nerve and guts. And I looked good in the ring. Times change, but that quotation lingers, and a good thing too.

Here's how I see it. You can look the way you feel, or you can look the way you want to feel. I don't know about you, girlfriends, but I am definitely still about the latter. If you look like you feel, let's face it; you are going to have good days and bad days. On those bad days, it's about looking good. Why? Because looking good is feeling good. You become what you believe, and believe me, looking good leads to feeling good (btw, I had cancer when this image was shot in Australia, but I did not know it then).

Laura Geller makes it so easy to look so good. If you love cosmetics, QVC might be your favorite Friday night channel. That's where I found my 2 cannot-live-without-products. My Aunt Dolly in Florida swears by Laura Geller, and Aunt Dolly looks terrific (Uncle Bill thinks so too), so I watched and I purchased. Best buys ever. It's a look good, feel good in a compact. The case on the left is actually foundation, baked in Italy pressed powder and comes in a variety of shades. I don't do sun so I am almost invisible, so I use Balance-N-Brighten Fair. You can see from the swirls on interlacing colors that you get a great blend. Light, airy, easy. DO use Laura's brush; it works better than any brush you think is better. Absolutely the best foundation, if you are or not makeup optional, and it covers with the lightness of a baby's breath. And--how's this for a novel marketing concept-- it does what it promises: it balances-n-brightens.

But if you tied my hands and limited my purchasing power to ONE PRODUCT, my go-to-one-and-only would have to be Laura Geller's Blush-N-Brighten Golden Apricot. Definitely buy Golden Apricot. Hate to sound like a commercial, but this color actually does work on ANY skin tone. Don't think my photos do justice to the product, but you will get the greatest Laura Geller glow and look soooo fantastic, that healthy or not, you will be one looking good, feeling fine woman of the day. You become what you believe, so invest in your future and be one fabulous looking good, feeling fine female!







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment