|Celebrating living with cancer|
2010 was a year of firsts. At any age, firsts are exciting surprises, but at my advanced age (Mickey's tongue-in-cheek humor), finding firsts is an exciting and occasionally challenging adventure.
In 2010, I learned I had a life sentence with cancer, cause for celebration. I discovered white light, healing powers, living in balance, finding faith, and talking to and walking with God. I made a promise (and kept it), shared my story, and committed to cancer awareness through research, education, and my cancer blog. By understanding and discussing my disease, I acquired a global audience and know our cancer communities are united in hope. I celebrate my cancer, my life, because Life Is Good! Many firsts.
|Debi, Jacob, & Tess|
|Greatgrandmother Gigi & grandkids|
Christmas with Jacob & Debi 2010 from RJ Stangherlin on Vimeo.
|Allie & Kendall|
|Dorman & The Girls|
|Uncle John & SP|
|Jen & Tes|
|Favorite Photo of 2010: First Cria, Golden, w/Tess and Mama Llama Rev (on right)|
|My other favorite photo: Tess as everything but milk to Golden|
What do I hope 2011 will bring?
|From Laurel Forks Labs Website|
- More life on the farm.
- More commitment to living life on my terms, not my cancer's.
- More sharing.
- More birthdays.
- More staying connected to my real life, not the busyness of living.
- Just more.
- Successful surgeries for Mickey.
- More giving (and I have something wonderful in mind here, but that will be a secret for now and a surprise for later).
- A first visit to Teri Conroy and the wonderful family of friends at Wunsapana Farm.
2011 will find me still the caregiver on the farm, the keeper of many promises as I continue to face first light.
Happy New Year to all.